December 28, 2014

My Frozen Cake...

I made a Frozen cake for my granddaughters 8th birthday. It took me all day, but that's probably because I haven't made such an elaborate cake before. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. Most importantly Brylee loved it:)).  I used recipes from Pinterest on making the ice shards and also got ideas on making snowflakes from white chocolate. I used snowflake sprinkles, sugar crystal sprinkles and tiny white round sprinkles. I was lucky enough, after searching every store I could think of, to find the Frozen Ornaments in the after Christmas clearance section at Target. That was luck indeed!
 
 
 
 

Below is a picture of my candy ice shards. They look like old green glass to me. I followed
the directions I found on Pinterest and used blue food coloring but it came out greenish. It still 
looked cool on the cake.
 

Here's where I found my recipes and ideas. The chocolate cake recipe is mine and I will 
list it below also.




And here's my chocolate cake recipe:
 
Deep Dark Chocolate Birthday Cake
 
2 cups granulated sugar
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
 
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour pans or prepare cupcake liners.  Mix dry ingredients in a large
mixer bowl or mixing bowl.  Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla.  Beat on medium for 2 minutes.  Add
boiling water and stir.  Mixture will be thin. Bake in pan for 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes
out clean.  Cupcakes take less time, I wanna say 20 minutes or so,  just keep an eye on them and check with toothpick.
 
Cool completely then frost with the Buttercream frosting.
 
Yum!!

No comments: