October 9, 2013

A Few More Paper Clay Halloween Ornaments...

I had a little paper clay left over from making my black cat so I made a few more ornaments for my tree. First I made an armature for my pumpkin face ornament using a styrofoam ball and then just made the witch hat using card stock. I covered the ball with paper clay and let it dry before I covered the hat so I would have something solid to hold on to while forming around the hat. I gave the pumpkin head a Tim Burton style face!
I wondered how well cookie cutters would work with my paper clay so I rolled some out and used my dachshund cutter. It really didn't work out so well. I had difficulty separating the cut out clay from the extra around the outside of it. After a lot of smoothing edges I finally left it to dry. 
Blog Divider with Signature photo BlogDividerBannerMinewithSignature.png

No comments: