September 28, 2011

Halloween banner swap...

I made my banner for the swap into a tombstone shape. I aged it with ink and made a few cuts around the edges for cracks. I added distressing glitter to the edges of the tombstone to resemble mold. The iron fencing is a Tim Holtz on the edge die. I embossed the lamppost stamp. I also made the flower using flower dies, flocking and embossing powder. I made it look old by first rubbing my flower pieces over an embossing pad (missing spots here and there to look worn off) then sprinkling them with black embossing powder and heating each one. After that I used my 2-way glue and rubbed each flower missing spots so that when I flock it, it will look worn off, kinda like velvet that has places worn off. After the glue set up, it will be tacky, I flocked each one then put them together with brads. The skeleton tags I printed out (see below for printables). I cut each to look like a tag and inked the edges, stapled ribbon to the top. The arsenic label I also printed (see printables below). The "A" is cut from my cricut, storybook cartridge, and glittered. On the back I stamped dots to tiny white bags and inked with purple, orange and brown inks. I can't wait to see everyone else's banners. This is my first banner swap and I did have alot of fun. I'm also going to be involved in a Christmas banner swap, so I can't wait to do it either!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Post a Comment