September 19, 2010

Baby Booties

While searching for felt projects online the other day, I came across this baby bootie project on the "Martha Stewart" show.  I thought these little booties (shoes) were so cute!  I immediately got to work on my own.  I didn't have any felt in pretty baby colors, so I made my booties from fleece.  I think they turned out adorable and so soft.  Find the link here  http://www.marthastewart.com/article/baby-booties?backto=true&backtourl=/photogallery/sewing-projects-for-kids#slide_2

The booties are made from yellow and pink fleece, pink seam binding ribbon, eyelets, tiny ribbon flowers with pearl centers, and hand sewn with embroidery thread.  I tried to use HeatnBond iron-on adhesive tape to attach some of the parts ( like they do on Martha) but it wouldn't adhere.  I did, however, use iron-on fusable webbing to strengthen the toe piece and the cuffs.

My daughter, Rhiannon, made these cute tiny felt animals.  She is just a beginner and did a fabulous job.  I'm not sure where she got her animal patterns, but when I find out I will edit this post to show where.  Next she's making felt alphabet baby blocks.  Maybe she will let me show them off too!!


 
Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: